Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Its time to get Lost

Ok so I've been looking forward to this show since I heard about its very existence and to put it plainly I just wanna know what all the fuss is about! The show is of course Lost and the pilot episode starts today in the UK on Channel 4 - the connoisseurs, in my opinion of 'real news', quality documentaries and quality entertainment barring Big Brother of course and its ilk!

Anyhoo here's the scenario:

A passenger aeroplane has crashed on a deserted (or is it?) tropical Island and they have to deal with not only each other's cultural, social and/or political backgrounds but also with the whole staying alive routine.

There's apparently a whole women's volleyball team in it so umm that should be interesting ;). And don't think you ladies have been left neglected cos' there's a hunky hero in the shape of Matthew Fox (the big brother from Party of Five).

There's also a typically shady dude from the 'Middle East' (although he looks nothing like an Arab, just cos' ur brown and you're the only actor who can fit the role of everybody's favourite bad guy isn't an excuse for bad type-casting by the largely ignorant/biased production studios!!). Anyways his name in the show is Sayid Jarrah (wow how Arab-sounding NOT!!) but his real name is Naveen Andrews (oh the irony!).

So thats my little input for the show...I'm expecting my commission from ABC anytime now...I SAID ANYTIME NOW!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those who die or have a coronary if they miss an episode of Desperate Houswives or GASP! 24. Which sorta leads me to a little impromptu list of my all-time favourite TV shows in no particular order of importance:

Due South
McGyver
Mission Impossible (the series)
The A Team
BUGS
Farscape
Stargate
Party of Five
ER

That's all I can remember for now but it should hopefully get some sort of a debate going between me and my two esteemed regular audience members Mybrid and Nafie.

3 comments:

Mybrid said...

First! CS, eat shit!

I think I saw a few minutes of LOST and liked it, but I need to see it from the beginning. I may have to get the DVD's.

I like almost all the TV shows you mentioned. But I'd add one to it that is my absolute favourite and the only reason I watch TV lately. "THE O.C." - has this arrived in the UK? We're done with second season here. I love it because it's very funny (though serious as well).

As for the bad type-casting - blame the Jews! They're the ones controlling Hollywood, no? ;-)

Another show I really like: Scrubs (a comedy).

aNON said...

Emran,

I love the show 'LOST'. It's HIGHLY addictive, and interactive. It's one of those shoes that are extremely well written, they throw little pieces of the puzzle at you and you're left to put it all together. you'll be begging for more.

The premise of the show is a little socio-PLAYED-out, but nonetheless, the execution is somewhat flawless (you like that? somewhat, flawless).

It really is a good show, I'm a little upset at them (right now) but I'm still looking forward to the new season.

As far as Sayid (Naveen Andrews), I think he does a really good job. I thought the same thing as you mentioned in this post, but I've eventually become a fan.

Be prepared to sacrifice your wednesday evenings (or whatever day it airs over there).

aNON said...

I HATE scrubs.
I HATE The OC.

I think "America's Next Top Model" is a great show.

and

"The Practice" or "Boston Legal", or whatever it's called now.